Welcome to my website!
My name is Unchitta. I am a PhD student in computational social science at GMU interested in urban systems, networks, and data science for social good.
📢 News and Updates:
- 11/2021: Our paper “Layered Hodge Decomposition for Urban Transit Networks” (Unchitta Kan & Eduardo Lopez) has been accepted at the Complex Networks 2021 conference.
- 08/2021: Had a lot of fun returning to the industry (thank you Clover for having me back!) as a data science intern for the summer. I worked on building a network-based recommendation system for online food ordering as well as an in-house A/B testing platform.
- 05/2021: I have been invited to speak at the SIAM Dynamical Systems 2021 conference on our work on co-evolving bounded-confidence opinion dynamics model on adaptive networks.
- 03/2021: I have been invited to speak as a panelist at the Mathematical and Computational Approaches to Social Justice workshop hosted by ICERM at Brown University. I am very excited to attend as a participant as well.
- 02/2021: Our article on modeling infectious diseases for young readers is out on Frontiers for Young Minds!